Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams: Not Just Another Celebrity Death

We here at the Hollywood Intern Diaries are deeply saddened by Robin Williams' passing.



Our creator, Austin, had this to say:

I have never been this affected by a celebrity's death. So much so that I'm making my first and only statement on the matter. I have always thought of him as one of the most genuine and talented people in Hollywood. He has touched so many people and I can't help but wonder if the industry, the one I'm a part of, is to blame. What if CBS wouldn't have canceled his freshman single-cam comedy? What we as a culture started embracing flaws instead of slamming depression and addiction- forcing a separation of public and personal identities? There are so many what if's, it's hard not to feel sadness in the pit of your stomach. I always thought of him as a happy, never looking past the surface of someone who I consider to be one of the greatest talents of our time. For that, I am too to blame.
We send our condolences to his family, his thousands of friends, and the many more millions of people he touched during his lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment